Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Factoids – Interesting Facts You Should (or Maybe Shouldn’t) Know… Pollen and mold spores enter through open doors and windows. Bacteria and viruses spread between family and friends. Fine dust particles get kicked up from floors and furniture. And, dander and hair fall from pets. These contaminants can make the air inside your home up to five times more polluted than outdoor air, spreading disease or triggering allergic and asthmatic reactions.
The patented Infinity air purifier and Performance air purifier are ideal for homeowners with allergy concerns, those susceptible to airborne germs, such as infants and the elderly, and those sensitive to the effects of molds, pollen, pets and more.
Healthier Air for the Entire Home
- Central’s air purifiers offer extremely high air filtration efficiency and patented germicidal technology so effective they even capture and kill airborne pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and mold.
- Central’s air purifiers use the same technology trusted to protect secure government facilities and hospital room patients.
- Unlike many portable air cleaners, Central’s air purifiers are silent and can treat the air throughout your entire home. In fact, they clean over 100 times more air than some of the popular portable units.
- Central’s air purifiers are as convenient as they are powerful because no cleaning is required. Simply remove and replace the media cartridge periodically to maintain peak performance
Central’s air purifiers treat 100% of the air flowing through your home comfort system using a unique three-step process:
How Do They Work?
Step 1: Precision point ionization charges particles as they enter the purifier.
Step 2: A specially designed, continuously charged media captures airborne particles.
Step 3: Patented, state-of-the-art technology kills captured viruses, bacteria, and mold and can prevent further growth of bacteria and fungi on the filter.
IAQ Factoids – Interesting Facts You Should (or Maybe Shouldn’t) Know…
- The EPA has ranked indoor air pollution as a high priority public risk.
- According to the EPA, levels of indoor pollutants can be two to five times higher than outside.
- Most of us spend about 90% of our adult lives indoors.
- 99% of airborne particles are smaller than one micron (one millionth of a meter). Due to their size, they remain airborne.
- Household dust is present even in clean homes, and can be composed of mold spores, bacteria, viruses, animal dander, human skin particles, fabric fibers, dust mites, parts of cockroaches, food particles and other debris.
- Inexpensive filters found at local hardware stores are only about 10% efficient for the largest particles. • Seasonal allergic rhinitis (hay fever) affects more than 35 million people in the U.S.
- 50 million people in the U.S. suffer from allergies.
- Allergic disease is the fifth leading cause of chronic disease among all ages and the third common chronic disease among children under 18.
- 54% of U.S. citizens test positive for one or more allergies.
- There are approximately 20 million asthma sufferers in the U.S., and six million of them are children. It’s the leading chronic illness in children.
- A sneeze can add 100,000 droplets of pathogen-containing moisture to the air.
- The average person inhales about 2,300 gallons of air per day.
Central Heating and Air Conditioning “Your Atlanta Carrier Expert!”