High Utility Bills? Dusty House?
It could be your DUCTS!
- Is the air quality in your home where it needs to be?
- Is your heating and air conditioning system providing you the indoor comfort that you and your family deserve?
- Is your system running longer and harder than it should creating excessive wear and tear on your equipment, thereby reducing its life expectancy?
- Are you getting the health benefits for your family that your system should be providing?
- Is your system running at its maximum efficiency, allowing your monthly utility bills to be at the lowest possible level?
Let us help you correct any of the above problems!
If you are unsure, or the answer to one or more of the above questions is no, then your duct system needs to be analyzed. We at Central Heating and Air Conditioning want to help you reduce your monthly utility bills; insure that your duct system is functioning properly and efficiently, and that it is maintaining your family’s health and well-being.
Duct systems that leak and/or do not distribute air properly throughout the house can create hot and cold rooms. Duct systems that are undersized, pinched, or have numerous bends and turns can lead to low air flow rates and high air velocities. Low air flow rates decrease the efficiency of your heating and cooling system. High air velocities increase noise.
Leaky and unbalanced duct systems often force conditioned air out of the home and bring unconditioned air into the home. This increases energy costs and can draw humidity, dust; mold spores and other contaminants into the home from the attic, crawlspace, or garage and radon gas from the soil blow the house. The EPA says “In a typical house about 20% of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts”. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
Duct Problem Indicators
How do you know that your home has poorly performing ducts? You may have duct problems if you have one or more of the following:
- High summer and winter utility bills
- Rooms that are difficult to heat and cool
- Stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable
- Ducts are located in an attic; crawlspace, or the garage
- Tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your home
To overcome the waste of energy related to duct issues, the EPA recommends that ducts should be inspected, sealed and insulated to Energy Star Standards. Newly built homes are now held to a much higher standard in order to meet new federal energy requirements. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, contact us at Central Heating and Air Conditioning to schedule your ”DUCT ANALYSIS” at (404) 261 – 2280.
Once you trust us with your duct system analysis, it is our responsibility to ensure that your ducts are functioning properly and efficiently, so that you may enjoy the benefits and comfort that your HVAC system should be providing.