As a business owner, it falls on your shoulders to choose the right commercial HVAC system that will provide effortless and seamless comfort all year round for your clients, customers, and employees. If you are considering buying a new commercial HVAC system, you must make a few considerations. In this blog, we take you through five simple tips on how you can choose the right commercial heating and cooling system.
1. Pick the right HVAC system – When you begin shopping for a new HVAC system for commercial use, you will be overwhelmed with the number of choices available in the market. This can make the decision-making process rather daunting. Therefore, before making a final decision, be sure to research the different systems available and what each of them offers. The following are two of the most common as well as popular types from which you can pick.
2. Packaged systems – This kind of HVAC system comprises separate units put together in one cabinet, making them rather space and energy-efficient. Central Heating and Air Conditioning offer a whole range of top-quality packaged systems from name brands. So if you are looking for less humidity in the summer and a highly efficient unit all year round, you can consider one of our high-quality packaged systems.
3. Heat pumps – Heat pumps are a great way to circulate heat to reduce your energy usage while keeping your office space at a comfortable temperature. They are designed to serve as cooling systems by forcing heat outdoors and cooling the indoors.
Heat pumps and geothermal heat systems are designed to provide heating efficiency, superior cooling, and year-round comfort for you, your employers, and your clients.
4. Select the right size for your home – Many business owners believe that bigger is better. However, that isn’t true. For example, an HVAC unit that is too large for your home will consume more energy than needed and produce excessive humidity. Likewise, if you pick a unit that is too small for your building, it will struggle to cool or heat the indoors well. Therefore, it is important to choose a system that is the right size for your office to keep the space cozy and comfortable.
5. Focus on air quality, energy efficiency, and reliability – This is another important consideration to bear in mind, especially if you are shopping for an HVAC system for a commercial space. Even if you pick out the right size, reliability plays an important role, especially in a commercial setting. Depending on the type of business you run, especially if you have a customer-facing store, poor quality heating or cooling could put your store and inventory at risk.
It is not uncommon for business owners to take a while before they notice a dip in the efficiency of an HVAC system. This is because most commercial HVAC units are installed on the roofs and go unnoticed until it develops a snag that requires costly repairs. Therefore, it is imperative that you should invest in a brand-name unit and keep up with scheduled maintenance.
Commercial building owners also tend to forget or overlook an important factor – air quality. They spend several thousand dollars on an HVAC unit that may worsen the air quality. Remember that poor quality air can make your employees and customers uncomfortable or even fall sick in the long run. This could mean fewer customers will want to visit your store. Pay close attention to all features and specs of the HVAC unit before you make the purchase.
Reliability check, air quality check, now we come to the efficiency of the HVAC unit. While both reliability and air quality top the list of considerations to bear in mind while looking for a commercial HVAC unit, it is very important to check the system’s efficiency as well.
Your HVAC unit’s efficiency will not just affect your overhead but can also determine the overall level of comfort of your building. Nobody likes to spend more time in a place that is either too hot or too cold. If your employees are not comfortable, their productivity is bound to dip, and you will soon begin to notice a leave of absence. Likewise, a customer is unlikely to return to a place that is too hot and humid or too cold. Comfort is just one of the many things your business is obliged to offer to your customers and employees. Thankfully, several name brands in the market have a high SEER rating and can keep your business premises comfortable all year long. When in doubt, reach out to the experts. Our commercial HVAC service technicians can recommend name brands of HVAC units and other additional components that can boost your system’s efficiency by several manifolds.
6. Take into account your local climate – As a business owner, you must also consider the fact that your HVAC unit will have to withstand extreme temperatures, especially if your office is situated in an area that experiences a hot and arid climate. This aspect is quite crucial in temperature-controlled buildings. Unfortunately, many business owners overlook the local climate and often end up with a unit that struggles to cope in the arid climate. At Central Heating and Air Conditioning, our commercial HVAC service technician can recommend the right heating and cooling unit that can keep the temperature in your office consistent and comfortable, no matter how hot it gets outdoors.
7. Ensure the new HVAC unit is energy-star compliant – This one is a no-brainer. When shopping for any electrical appliance, it is important to check if it is energy efficient. As a commercial property owner shopping for HVAC units, be sure to check if the unit you plan to purchase bears the Energy Star stamp. When you buy an Energy Star certified HVAC unit, you can stay assured that your building will remain cozy and cool all year round.
If you are a business owner looking to install a commercial heating and cooling unit, you must be careful while making your purchase. And thus, our experts are here to help and guidance you to pick the right system that will meet your company’s heating and cooling needs. Contact Central Heating and Air Conditioning for any questions you may have on HVAC units. We offer excellent workmanship and efficient on-time commercial HVAC service in Roswell. Call us today at (404) 261-2280.